How to Request for Refund Re-issue (in case of refund failure)
To request for Refund Re-issue, please follow the below steps:
1. Login to e-Filing website with User ID, Password and Captcha.
2. Go to My Account and click on “Service Request”.
3. Click on New Request and select Refund Reissue
4.Enter PAN, Assessment Year, CPC Communication Reference Number, Refund Sequence Number (available on the 143(1) Intimation order and Click on ‘Validate’ button.
5.After validation, taxpayer can select the mode of Refund Reissue from the options.
The two modes of Refund Reissue are:
- By Paper (Cheque)
6. BY ECS:- Taxpayer can select to update the Bank Account Details from the option under the field ‘Do you want to update Bank Account details?
‘If the taxpayer selects ‘Yes’, taxpayer has to enter details in the additional fields i.e. Bank Account number, Type of Account and IFSC code/ MICR code.
7.BY PAPER:- Taxpayer can select the address to which the cheque has to be sent under the dropdown ‘Category’.
- If the taxpayer selects ‘ITR Address’, address provided in the ITR uploaded is used.
- If the taxpayer selects ‘PAN Address’, address provided in the PAN is used.
- If the taxpayer selects ‘New Address’, taxpayer has to enter details in the additional fields displayed
Taxpayer clicks on “Submit” to validate the details.
On successful validation, Taxpayer will get the message success message.
This ends the process of refund re-issue by Taxpayer.